At Assisted Recovery Centres of Africa, we understand what you are going through. We have helped hundreds of people just like you get on the road to recovery and stay there by going beyond 12-step programs. ARCA JHB offers the latest medications to minimize withdrawal symptoms and control cravings as you enter recovery. Combined with counseling and cognitive behavioural therapy, this is the most effective treatment approach available today.
We need every available treatment to fight this addiction that is only going to grow if nothing is done. It serves little purpose to focus of deaths, overdoses and crimes without educating the patients, treatment professionals, healthcare experts, legislators and other concerned parties on treatment options or possible solutions. We need to give hope to addicts, instead of despair.
The ARCA program has several unique features that include:
- Immediate medical detox under the direction of qualified medical physicians
- Offer patients non-addictive anti craving medication tablet
- Patients return home within 3-5 days and continue treatment by coming for counseling in the daytime, evenings or weekends.
- Patients are encouraged to return to work or school as soon as possible as long periods of absence can lead to boredom, loneliness and stress, which are major factors leading to relapse.
- The patient’s families are offered counseling as part of the treatment. This helps the families’ to understand the nature of addiction and come to terms with helping their loved one to recover
The benefits of the ARCA JHB program include:
- Complete confidentiality as patients are not required to take long periods of absence from work.
- There is no loss or income or fear of losing the job when they return back to work.
- There is little or no disruption of family life and indeed the family is involved in the recovery right from the start
- The outcomes are better as patients are recovering in their home environment which allows them to find healthier ways of coping with cues and triggers
- The treatment costs only a fraction of the cost of residential treatment.
ARCA Breaks The Cycle Of Addiction
New hope for alcohol dependence and opiate addiction.
ARCA JHB’s Non-addictive anticraving medication is one of the first anti-craving medications approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in the treatment of alcoholism and opiate addiction.
The non-addictive anticraving medication comes in two forms:
1) Vivirol®-an injectable time released form of non-addictive anticraving medication that is taken once a month. Click to visit the Non-addictive anticraving medication’s website for more information.
2) ReVia© or non-addictive anticraving medication- taken daily in pill form.
Here are some of the many benefits of non-addictive anticraving medication in the treatment of drug and alcohol dependence:
- Most patients experience dramatic reductions in craving within hours of taking the first dose.
- Non-addictive anticraving medication blocks the “high” of alcohol and narcotics, reducing the incentive to drink or use drugs and significantly increasing treatment success.
- Non-addictive anticraving medication is a non-habit forming medication that can be discontinued at any time.
- Non-addictive anticraving medication can be given with other medications, especially those used to treat depression and other such psychiatric conditions.
- Non-addictive anticraving medication works best when used in combination with relapse-prevention therapies.
Our Treatment Approach
The first two to four days involves a detoxification, during which one’s system is flushed of toxins and stabilised. This is performed by a medical doctor and essentially spares one from virtually all the nasty symptoms of alcohol and drug withdrawal. Imagine a pain free way to overcome your withdrawals! Thereafter one joins a programme that includes group sessions with our trained social workers and psychologists and individual consultations. We actively work with you to put an action plan together to focus your objectives and keep you on track. We off many other voluntary sessions with trained Life Coaches and Hypnotherapists, which have been very successful in overcoming addiction. These crucially important activities help to prepare you for a new and meaningful life when you complete your treatment with ARCA.
During your programme, you are introduced to the medications that will become part of your daily regime, and which will play a major role in helping to maintain sobriety once one returns to one’s normal life. There is a wealth of information on these medications available on the internet, and the necessary information is provided to programme participants while at ARCA. Needless to say, they really work!
The program is tailored to suit individual needs and to minimise time spent away from home and work. The programme does not end after the initial phase, and participants and their families are strongly encouraged to attend regular support group sessions. This is a crucial tool in maintaining sobriety – there are no “quick-fixes” to addiction!